If you work in education and are applying for funding, you’ve probably heard the phrase ‘Cyber Essentials’ mentioned. Cyber Essentials are a set of security guidelines laid out by the UK government to help organisations address the basics of cyber hygiene.
It’s important to education providers because Cyber Essentials certification is now part of the security requirements for Education and Skills Funding Agreements (ESFA).
For the 2020-21 funding year, all recipients must meet the requirements for the UK’s Cyber Essentials scheme. And next year, achieving Cyber Essentials Plus certification will also be mandatory.
However, cybersecurity and funding requirements can be confusing. So, we’ve put together a guide to help you get certified and meet the EFSA funding deadline. The guide covers everything you need to know, including:
- What the Cyber Essentials scheme is
- The difference between Cyber Essentials Standard and Plus certifications
- Why cybersecurity is important to the education sector
- How to get certified immediately and meet the EFSA deadline
- How to move beyond certification and keep your organisation protected
To find out more and get prepared for the EFSA deadline, download your free copy here or follow the link below.